Wednesday, November 24, 2021

ONE OF THOSE DAYS

Wednesday, November 24, 2021

 

ONE OF THOSE DAYS

It’s one of those days…








…When nothing goes right

GO LEFT!

LOL





















The ducks really aren’t relevant to this blog…unless you might wonder if they found themselves wandering on this sidewalk instead of going to the lake. 😉

 

My day has been anything but what was planned!

One of my girls was supposed to pick me up at 7:00 AM. That turned into 7:30, then 8:00, and kept getting changed until I was finally picked up about 9:30 AM. Good thing I didn’t have to be anywhere by a specific time. Today, I’m just being their driver. 😉 So I drove to where they needed to be, dropped them off with plans to return about noon. My drive home from there should be about 5 to 6 minutes, but ended up being more like 30 minutes! Option A is taking surface streets home. Option B is taking the highway/freeway. Option B is usually faster. As I went thru the intersection that could have been Option A my mind went to, “that would be faster today” but I ignored the thought and proceeded to the highway on-ramp. At this location I must cross 2 “exit-only” traffic lanes to get to my choice of exits. Today, I cannot merge due to a long semi in the next lane. We must be thinking alike – when I speed up, so does the semi; when I slow down, so does the semi. Time runs out – I must follow the lane and exit to the ramp connecting to another highway. It is 3 miles down that highway to the next exit anywhere. I got off there and stayed on the surface streets making my way back home.

It would have been so much faster if I could have gone left two lanes as soon as I entered the highway!

But I learned at a very early age that you always give the semi the right of way! ALWAYS!












“If you stumble, make it part of the dance.”

Not that conflicts on the highway with a semi are a “stumble,” but more like a “stumble” is an unplanned change in events or plans for that day. And today my conflicts with semis on the highway changed my plans more than once today! Still, I have to give those semi drivers today a huge shout-out! It’s too much to share it all here right now. Those guys today were AWESOME! I wish I could say the same for some of the other drivers on the road with us today. I wish I could say the same about the rest of my day! One thing after another went ‘off plan’ all day long. It happens. I kept adjusting and moving on, going forward in whatever way possible.

My day might have been completely different had it not been for some very aware semi drivers!

For ALL of those semi drivers on the roads now…





















You are special

YES

YOU

The one reading this!

















So,

Jump up,

Wiggle your hips,

Wave your arms,

Squeeze your nose,

& have a Giggley kind of day!

May we all remember to find ways to make the best of things when nothing goes according to plan!

 

See you soon!


1 comment:

  1. You’re right. Frustrating or not, the semi always has the right of way. And they are not always courteous!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete