Tuesday, March 18, 2008

DAY ONE minus two

In preparation for this journey that I am about to blog I am getting everything set up today. Consider this a preamble or preface to the book this is about to become.

The 20th day of each month tends to be a hallmark for me and as it is just two days away I've decided to get everything in place so that I may officially begin this course on Thursday, the 20th day of March in the year 2008.

As I begin designing this blog I inserted a picture a friend of mine sent me from Texas. Texas being my home state and the longstanding home of my mother's family going all the way back to it's glory days as the Republic of Texas; although it's not my physical home now there are many things I do love about it. Namely - BLUEBONNETS! OK, I also love YELLOW ROSES and nearly every other color of rose too. But I still love looking out over a field of Bluebonnets! My friend took this picture last April (2007 many of us had unusual winter-like storms) when a storm brought SNOW to her neck of the woods in Texas and nearly covered all the newly blossomed Bluebonnets! This particular picture just fascinates me!

Seeing snow covering a field of springtime blooms, and in the tree too, seems to be a contradiction in vision. It seems to match my present life: a contradiction in so many facets! If you look into my life, what you see is NOT what you get! What you get fails to match what you expected when you first looked. One must look beyond the obvious in order to see what's really there!

In all the obstacles and challenges I've faced over the years I've learned a few things!
Never say "never" ;-)
Listen before you speak.
Learn something new everyday!
There's more, but those I'll save for future posts. In sharing my earthly best you will eventually find something here for everyone that has ever been a part of a family. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment